Dirt Cups, oh so fun for the kiddos!
Dirt cups Tutorial:
- chocolate pudding cups ‘mud’
- pureed oreos ‘dirt’
- green granola (see how to above or in pics) ‘grass’
- gummy worms ‘worms’
Well here’s a breakfast that’s sure to kick start your efforts.Steel cut Oatmeal and tea. Not only will this breakfast flatten your tummy it’ll keep you full all morning long to fuel your busy morning and keep you on track🌅
Oatmeal is heart healthy and full of power packed whole grains. It can get boring but only if you don’t change it up every once in awhile. I love adding new toppings to keep my taste buds happy😋
Black tea has great antioxidants that do the body good, and has been proven to boost your metabolism👍 Which is why it’s an easy choice when wanting to get that flat tummy you desire. Don’t get me wrong I love coffee, but to cut all that milk and sugar out that goes along with it makes a huge difference. Making this simple change, you’ll be sure to see a results in no time!
Here’s the latest in my snack adventures! I love snacks, popcorn has to be my absolute favorite snack to have!! It’s so versatile; salty, sweet, spicy, so many ways to make it, plus one of the best parts about popcorn, it’s super healthy – depending on the toppings but still it beats a bag of chips or cookies any day!
This recipe is probably as simple as they come which is great for when you’re hangry and just need food asap, or have kids asking “Mom where’s my snack? I’m starving!”. I love using my air popper it’s so cute and retro looking, not to mention it’s really cheap – you can check out the one I have here Nostalgia RHP310 Retro Series 8-Cup Hot Air Popcorn Maker on amazon. For my next popcorn popper I plan to get one like this Hamilton Beach 73310 Party Popper Popcorn Maker, Red. Just because no mess involved, goes straight into the bowl, you don’t have to worry about stray popcorns flying about.
Air popping yourself takes almost the same amount of time and it doesn’t have any of the unknown chemicals you may get in a bag of microwave popcorn. So I try and make it this way as much as possible.
Lime sea salt popcorn recipe:
Thanks for stopping by – Happy snacking! Share in the comments your favorite popcorn toppings or mix-ins!
What to do for a teen and baby combo birthday party???? That’s what I was faced with when planning my son’s 1st birthday and little cousin’s 14th birthday party. I first came up with the themes for each. Since the day my son was born everything has been baby dinos so his theme was easy. Now for a fourteen year old, little more tricky… But everyone is into emojis – right?! So I figured this would be fun.
This party was one of the simplest I have done yet. Due to my 8 hour drive to get to the party location I really wanted as minimal party supplies to bring as possible! I made them each their own banner see pics below. I ordered plates, dino squirters, and party hats that said baby dino, and 1st birthday on them from this great website I tend to get most of my party supplies from Birthday Express, well there and the dollar store. I also got yellow plates and napkins from the dollar store for the emoji theme.
The two main colors I tried to stick to were yellow and teal, all the balloons and streamers everywhere were these two colors.It was great because they actually went together really well. I didn’t get a good picture of the cookies but they were sugar cookies I made with dino foot prints on them… Those were a big hit.
For the emoji photo props, which btw were so fun, I used regular construction paper and cut out all the shapes glued them on with a glue stick. I used skewer sticks instead of popsicle sticks the length was way better, I cut off the sharp end, and just taped these to the back. The kids, teens, and adults (as you can see) all really had fun with these!
I made this giant dinosaur cupcake it was pretty easy. I used a giant cupcake pan, frosted the top portion of the cupcake, and melted some chocolate in a baggie cut the corner off and designed the ‘spikes’ and ‘ 1’ out of chocolate on parchment paper, once they were dried just placed them on the cupcake. This was my sons personal cake. My grandmother made yellow and teal cupcakes for everyone else, and a special cake for my little cousin.
Well that is all! Hope everyone enjoyed and maybe got some inspiration incase you are ever faced with a teen / baby birthday party combo!
Holiday weekends are my favorite! There’s always so many fun things to do…BBQs, pool parties, festivals, fireworks. Which means so many fun outfits to be worn 😜
More and more going shopping can be a challenge I’m finding and not only because I am dragging along two little guys (which is actually a huge reason but not the only one) alls I’m finding everywhere is cropped this and cut off that, which means belly and butt all out there… uh-uh no thank you. I mean it’s great for some people not really my thing. So here’s some inspiration without all that!!
✨Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July weekend 🎇
There are a few rules for accepting this nomination-
Questions from The Crazy Chic-
1.What is your goal in life? – This is a loaded question… I guess to be the best Mama to my 2 lil guys, and to be known for my positive outlook, and for my fun crazy personality by friends and family!
2. What is the most dear memory from your childhood? – I love my childhood ‘Christmas morning video’ I could watch over and over. So this last year and all the years to come I started making home videos of my boys on Christmas morning – there’s really nothing like it!
3. Favourite food? Cake or I mean frosting with a bit of cake… You know when everyone’s scraping off the thick sugary frosting from the cake??? Well that’s when my friends and family offer it to me! They know me well – haha.
4. Why did you start blogging? I love the idea of sharing fun and creative ideas, food, and fashion. I mean how could you not, right!
5. Your inspiration or your role model? Inspiration is my children, they inspire me to have fun and be silly again (not that I really ever stopped but they are the best reminder). Also they inspire me to just try to be the best version of myself!
6. What is that one thing you cannot live without? (I mean apart from oxygen) Besides the kiddos and hubby of course… I would say sweets and reality TV, I know both are things that aren’t very good for you but are both just SO good!
7. Where are you from? OR
8. How many languages can you speak? Only English. All those years in spanish class and nothing to show for it
9. Where do you see yourself 15 years from now? Hmmm… This one makes me think. Probably being some mogul entrepreneur, so guess I better get to work on that, LOL.
10. Do you have any pets? Yes -Petunia, a bunny she’s stinkin adorable.
11. Biggest pet-peeve? People telling you what to do with your kid, like out in public. It’s like keep it to yourself, I didn’t ask!
My Nominations are:
Ok now 11 facts about Me…
My questions for the my nominees are:
Ever need a sweet tooth killer? But don’t want to eat the whole carton of ice-cream? That’s me pretty much every evening🍫.
Here’s a simple healthy cheap snack to keep you stay on track! They are crunchy, sweet, and best of all healthy🤗 What I made, cinnamon chickpeas – nom nom!